NPNOG Code of Conduct and Anti-harassment Policy
We value your being at NPNOG events and want everyone to feel safe and included!
NPNOG is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality, age or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of NPNOG’s staff immediately.
NPNOG staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or Police, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of NPNOG.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all NPNOG venues and related social events. This includes all online/digital spaces.
If you have any questions, don’t understand some of the policy or would like to discuss this policy please contact any member of NPNOG staff who would be happy to discuss arrange for someone to discuss it with you.